Ceramics Museum Tiendschuur
In 1935 George Goossens organised an exhibition of old Tegelen ceramic handiwork that was still in the possession of the Tegelen population. This collection remained together and formed the basis of the collection at the Pottery Museum, our present Keramiekcentrum Tiendschuur (Tithe Barn Ceramics Centre). In 1936, George Goossens opened a workshop in his factory where Tegelen ceramics was brought back to life. Artists, including Corneille, Karel Appel and Anton Rooskens, were inspired in Tegelen and these artistic visitors in turn inspired the Tegelen artisans. On June 21, 1987, the museum opens its doors in the Tiendschuur under the name Ceramics Museum Tiendschuur.
More information about opening hours and prices can be found here.